Thursday, January 15, 2009

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

A little list of favorite things today. Unlike Oprah, I will not be giving away one of each of these to each of my "viewers" nor are they shameless plugs for my "sponsors" So, what little things have brought me a little smile, an added step in my stride and of which I am thankful?

1. My new 2009 Cooking Light cookbook. I made braised Chinese spare ribs, Thai chicken and some chipotle chicken burgers. Has brought me back to how much I love to be in the kitchen.

2. Jeff Buckley. Period. The more I listen to his music, the more I am enraptured. What took me so long to hear this? Why isn't everyone listening to him?

3. Marvelous bath bubble stuff my neighbor gave me for Christmas. Sweet, yet not overpowering. I feel like I am at a luxurious spa when I use it. Finding that I am spending a lot more time in the bathtub these days (even in the middle of the day!).

4. Writing. I must be in the zone. Not that the writing has been all that noteworthy, but it has been satisfactory to my heart. I resolved myself to blog the first 30 days of the year and have enjoyed every minute of it. Enjoying the idea, just the inkling of a notion, of taking a writing course. Mulling it over, just letting it sort of sit and marinate a bit in my mind.

5. New friends, old friends. Yay for facebook! I have reconnected with friends that I never forgot in my heart, but in this period of life had. Remembering them has been sweet.

6. The white paper narcissus that my mom gave me on Christmas Day. It has finally bloomed and it is just divine.

7. My beloved Rock Band drums. Who knew that in the depths of my soul there was a drum set beating, just waiting to get out!

8. Puppies. Our very eclectic, somewhat eccentric neighbor, Jerry, has some puppies. They are the blend of Dixie, the beagle, and Boom-Boom, the dachshund. We take frequent trips over to just get some love. They are beyond adorable with their fat little paws, puppy bellies and little whimpers. They only want to be held and we are much too eager to oblige.

What brings you a little smile today? Have you thanked someone for it?

No comments: