Thursday, April 22, 2010

My first day at trying to go with the calling of the Holy Spirit has been met with disaster.  Now, I know that this is not always an instantaneous happening, but I thought that with constant prayers throughout the day, begging for the Holy Spirit, I might tap into that life and peace I am promised.  Unfortunately, the result is not quite the day I envisioned.  In fact, it has been met with a lot of discord, irritations, disappointments and ended with quite a bit of crying, by me.  What is going on?

Is it possible to become ADD as you get older?  I mean, I know that I haven't always been able to remember and keep up with things, but it is getting progressively more bothersome as I get older.  In less than 24 hours, I lost our market rent check.  To list all the searching I have done would take hours.  I'll just note that the pinnacle was going piece by piece through a black garbage back that was in our toter...just in case.  I have prayed and prayed and prayed over this check and finally realized that I would have to call my renters and ask for another one.  How completely embarrassing.  I could list about 3-5 other things that are along that vein that have happened this week - forgetting Lily's piano books, losing the map to our house that I have used forever (given to people, not used by myself of course), forgetting to measure a pipe on our hot water heater so I can get the right part resulting in a slight flood, forgetting to send in our annual report for part of a subset of our business, etc. etc. etc.

I know I am a mom of three which means that I am fully responsible for 3 other human beings and all of their belongings.  That is an excuse I hear myself saying all the time.  However, I just don't buy that excuse - being overwhelmed.  Maybe it is being out of our normal routine down here under the stairs.  Thankfully, we move back up tomorrow.

No comments: