I am thankful for...
1. A friend who took time out to instruct me on the world of homeschooling. She has been a wealth of knowledge and I feel a teeny bit of confidence because of her encouragement and support.
2. A friend who has been so appreciative for some things I gave her for her son that I am humbled. Not only did I get a handwritten thank you note and an email with a couple of photos that brought an enormous chuckle to my day, but she sent us four t-shirts with her fabulous homemade embellishments on them. Just over the top thankfulness - a lesson to be learned!
3. A friend who opened up to me this week for what might be the first time in our friendship. I have wanted to hear her heart for years and finally it has happened. May God use this to work in both of our lives.
4. A friend who called me to check on me this weekend. I have been out of sorts, mostly physically, and she was the first to pick up on it. God has blessed her with incredible interpretative skills. It is comforting to know someone recognizes when I am not myself.
5. A friend who always nails me to the wall of reality and pushed me to action. You always need a friend who speaks Gods word honestly and frankly. She never lets me slither away to stew, moan, and groan in the cave of self-pity.
6. A friend who asked to get together for coffee or something in the next couple of weeks. It is nice to know that someone wants to spend time with me.
7. A child who thanked me with his fully sincere heart for some punishment he was dealt earlier in the day. He knew he was in the wrong and knew that he needed to be helped back in line.
8. A child who stopped to blow me a kiss as she skipped out of the door this morning on her way to school.
9. A child who prepared her lunch last night and made her brother's lunch as well without being asked.
10. A husband who gladly left the house this morning to head to a job that is extremely stressful to amply provide for our needs and quite a few of our wants, too.
I am abundantly blessed.