Sunday, April 20, 2008

Getting to Know You...Getting to Know All About You...

Got tagged again. This is fun! Here it goes:

Place an (X) by all of the things you have done.

Have you ever:
Gone on a blind date (X) Cute boy but not my type. Ended up being my best friend's boyfriend for a year or so in high school, OH - forgot a horrible one in college. Yuck!
Skipped school (x) - to do things I am ashamed about! Parents never knew.
Been with someone when they died (X) Only one. Ansley
Been to Canada () Nope.
Been to Mexico ( ) Nope.
Been to Florida (X)
Been on a plane (X)

Been lost () Notice empty box. I can say I have never been truly lost. Maybe a wrong turn or so, but never have I driven in the wrong direction with out knowing I was going in the wrong direction. This is an area in which I have a little pride.

Been on the opposite side of the country (X) California and Washington State
Gone to Washington , DC (X) Over Easter was the latest. I actually drove there when I had a 3 mo. old and a 2 year old (5 hour drive)
Swam in the ocean (X) Dipped my feet in it yesterday - WAY too cold for a swim!
Cried yourself to sleep (X) More times in the last year than I would like
Played cops and robbers (X) I am not sure... but for sure cowboys and Indians
Recently colored with crayons (X) Just a day or so ago
Sang Karaoke (X) Oh how bad it was singing Country Roads in a bowling alley bar named Chauncey's. Need I say more!
Paid for a meal with coins only? (X) Many times b/c keep coins in my car! Stealing Robin's answer
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? (X) - I said that whenever I sewed paper together for scrapbooking I would quit. Obviously, I did it and still scrapbook.
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose (X)
Caught a snowflake on your tongue (X)
Danced in the rain (X)
Written a letter to Santa Claus (X)
Been kissed under the mistletoe (X)
Watched the sunrise with someone you care about () Empty because I am NOT a morning person. I could put an X if it were sunset.
Blown bubbles (X) Will do it a lot today on the beach
Gone ice-skating (X)
Gone to the movies (X)
Gone water skiing (X) In Jamaica - it was pitiful

1. Any nickname: No - well, actually, I had the nickname Spike in Junior High because I had gotten some tree sap in my hair - right at the top - and had to have it cut out. When it grew back I had spikey hair. It was awful! In 8th grade - what could be worse at that age?
2. Favorite breakfast cereal? Granola
3. Favorite drink? Sweet Tea or Lemonade
4. Body Piercing? Ears only! But I do have a tattoo which morphed into something very unattractive due to stretch marks from three pregnancies! If you are going to get a tattoo - think about where you are putting it!!!
6. How much do you love your job? SAHM - love it, President of RaRa - who knows?
7. Birthplace? Virginia
8. Favorite vacation spot? The Carribbean
9. Ever been to Africa ? Twice - Once as a heathen and once as a believer. Heathen: Hitchhiked through Botswana into Zimbabwe, was in South Africa 6 months after the vote to end apartheid - very exciting and also very scary. Believer: Ghana. Beautiful. Planning a 2009 trip to see Ansley's church.
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? I am sure I have, although, I would say it happens for breakfast more often!
11. Ever been on TV? A few times as a child.
12. Ever steal any traffic sign? No, but someone gave me one in high school. Robin, I have the SAME answer!!!
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes - a few. Once drove a truck into a pond in high school. Upon exiting the vehicle, I was waist deep in water!
14. Favorite salad dressing? Tried and true 1,000 Island
15. Favorite pie? Jay's homemade and incredible Dutch Apple Pie - the REAL deal
16. Drive a 2 door or 4 door car? 4 Door
17. Favorite number? 3 - the number of my children, the trinity among others
18. Favorite movie? Jane Austen flicks, Life is Beautiful
19. Favorite holiday? I have to say Easter - for the emotion. And I'll admit it, I love Halloween. Call me a heathen, people. Even as an adult, I like getting dressed up and the candy. I love fall festivals!!!! This year, in a strange twist, Ethan was Darth Vader and I was Princess Lea. He was my father!
20. Favorite dessert? Anything with dark chocolate
21 Favorite food? Homemade pimento cheese salad and chicken salad from Company's Coming. To die for!
22. Favorite day of the week? Friday
23. Favorite brand of body wash? Body wash? Are you kidding me? I never use it. Robin, I'll pass along any I have when I see you.
24. Favorite toothpaste? Crest
25. Favorite perfume/cologne? Never wear it. But I think I have some Beautiful or Happy that I throw on once or twice a year.
26. What do you do to relax? take a hot, hot bath and sleep.
27. What is your number one pet peeve? People who continually complain about their lives and then keep repeating the same behavior that got them there. Usually it is a result of unreliance on God. Boy, that sounds really, really judgemental. Gotta work on that.
28. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I have no idea. That is a really strange question. I mean, kids will be teenagers - 17, 16, 13. So, I would imagine I would spend a lot of time pulling my hair out, locked in my bathroom?!?!?! We are at such a cross roads with our family - new business, etc. WHO KNOWS!!?!?!
29. Farthest place you will send this message? I don't know who is reading except for three people. I just added someone who is in Asia. Who knows?
30 Of the people who read this, who will do this first? Obviously, can't answer. See above.

No comments: