Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Encouragement

It was a plethora of love from Ethan tonight:

The phone rang:
Me: Hello...hello?
Ethan using a disguised voice: Hello, I am a billionaire and I want to give you a million dollars for being the best mommy in the world. Just kidding, this is Ethan, your son. (love the "your son" part)

As the lights were going down for bed time:
Ethan: Mommy, if you die, I'll die, too.
Me: No you won't.
Ethan: Yes, I will. I'll kill myself. I just want to always be with you.
Me: ETHAN! No! Remember God has a job for you to do. We don't talk like that. I understand what you mean, though.
Ethan: Mommy, I think you are doing God's job for you really great!

Be still my heart.

Ok, I'll admit it. His love might have been slightly exaggerated because Jay bought a Wii tonight sending him in to an atmospheric high. When I figure it out, I will post more on the Wii and why it was purchased at the end of a 6-month period of no income.

1 comment:

Bloggin' Robin said...

How sweet are Ethan's words. Sometimes a Mama just needs a little encouragement from the mouth of a child. Very sweet!