Monday, May 12, 2008

Big brains

I got "worked" into the neurosurgeon's office today. For clarification, I saw one of the P.A.s. The following statements/questions made by the P.A. will probably give you an indication of my high opinion of him:

1. So, you are who had to be worked in between my two brain tumor cases?
2. Yeah, after I had my epideral injection, I passed my black belt test in karate later that day.
3. Epiduaral injections come in sets of three - count them - 1, 2, 3
4. Assuming you can maintain the weight you are currently as you get older...
5. How can you watch three kids while taking oxycodone?
6. Yeah, I have had husbands call me up and ask me if I can get their wives on something other than prednisone.

Looks like I am going to be forced to get the epidural injection which may or may not work - not work at all, work for 5 days or like for my illustrious P.A., work for a year. After which I may get another one (at some $1900 a pop with our fabu insurance) or then be required to have surgery. Is that clear for you? It wasn't for me.

I know, I have been quite the crab the past couple of weeks - my posts reflect it and that stinks. Pain, narcotics, steriods and stress will do that to you. My post have not been very fun to read and I am sorry. I need to get a clear head and get back on track - in the God zone.

5 comments:

Bloggin' Robin said...

Ummm...confused. However, I will be praying for all things to be clear to you in His perfect timing. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day. Love you!

Anonymous said...

So are you not having surgery now?
Nena

2 China 4 Addison said...

first time checking in in a while. I"m sorry to hear you're still going through all this back pain. Will be praying for you, especially for relief from the pain, and soon.
Hang in there.....
Becki

Bloggin' Robin said...

Kels- So sorry you are STILL in pain! I hope it gets better soon. Surgery?? Physical Therapy?? Bless your heart!! I think a Big Bite of Banana might make you feel beeter. They say bananas are high in potassium!! Perhaps that might help!! Ha,ha!! I'll be praying!!

Bloggin' Robin said...

Oh, just to make you feel better about the jungle gym "flip..." Ummm...the entire jungle gym lited off the ground on the opposite side as I did the flip!!! I have gained some weight!! After two days of fretting about it, Reid informed me that HE had lifted it!!