Thursday, February 19, 2009

We are all on a journey. Everyone has to figure this out themselves. I don't believe that since I am in a different place than you (notice the word different, not better or worse, just the word different), that somehow I am closer to God than you. God loves us all equally. He desires to have each of us in His fold, close to Him. My "knowledge" doesn't put me in better standing with God, that is for my own pleasure and enjoyment.

Have you ever read the story of the prodigal son in the bible? It was actually a tough one for me at one time. It doesn't matter if I toil every day of my life, have every bit of the bible memorized, etc. and another person only one day, the reward is still the same. Meaning, it doesn't really matter where we are in the journey - early, middle, late, heaven is there for us all. We should be joyous in that fact.

My choices to limit what my kids see and experience is to protect their hearts and minds from the really cruddy influences I had growing up. I don't want Sadie to think that relationships begin, are in crisis and are resolved, all within 30 minutes. Or, that her measure of worth is found in boys and popularity. I could write a number of other accounts for her and Ethan. It is not because I am walking some bizarre line of legalism. It is because they have their whole lives to fill up with the world, so why push it now? Let God be their influence, not the world.

I am not preaching to you, I am just trying to explain myself in light of your statement. With that statement should come an explanation of exactly where you are at the moment. I don't know where you are, so why don't you tell me? What is your relationship with God? Jesus? Tell me. Then, read my blog.

No comments: